Kinsmen Aquatic Centre Rules
Kinsmen Aquatic Centre Rules
To ensure your safety, please follow the directions of our friendly staff and note the following:
- Please take a SHOWER before entering the pool, hot tub or water slide.
- Children under the age of EIGHT (8) must be accompanied by someone SIXTEEN (16) years of age or older Within Arms Reach at all times. If you are a parent or a caregiver of 3 or MORE children, under the age of Eight (8) and you would like to bring them swimming, a Lifeguard(s) on deck will be approached and alerted/asked if this is okay. Only if the Lifeguard(s) agree will they be let in the pool. This will alert the Lifeguard(s) on duty to keep an eye on them and if the caregiver/parent isn't being responsible enough, they will be asked to leave. The children still MUST be kept within an arms reach at ALL times.
- Children between the ages of Eight (8) and Eleven (11) must have someone at least sixteen (16) years of age as a Supervisor within the pool area. Children under Eleven (11) may not be left alone in the facility in accordance to "Home Alone" legislation.
- Decks and Change Rooms are slippery when wet – PLEASE WALK
- Guests with communicable diseases such as colds, nasal and ear and eye discharge will not be permitted to use the pool
- Children not toilet trained must wear tight plastic pants under or on top of bathing suits. (NO DISPOSABLE DIAPERS ALLOWED!)
- Ask the Lifeguard for the use of equipment.
- Outside footwear must be removed before entering deck area.
- Food and beverages must remain in the designated eating areas provided. Glass containers are NOT permitted beyond the front desk.
- Access to the Deep End is under the discretion of the Lifeguard once you have completed the swim test.
- No diving allowed.
- Please respect the comfort and safety of all Kinsmen Aquatic Centre users.
- Foul or abusive language or behavior is strictly prohibited.
Dauphin Recreation Services is not responsible for any LOST or STOLEN articles.
- Prolonged exposure may result in headache, dizziness or nausea
- Pregnant women and persons with high blood pressure, respiratory problems, diabetes or heart conditions should consult a physician before using the hot tub.
- Children under twelve (12) may only use the hot tub if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Hot tub use is not recommended if you are currently taking medications. Please consult your physician.
- Long hair must be restrained or tied up to minimize risk of being caught in the equipment.
- Keep head above water at all times
Swim Wear Policy
- All patrons must wear proper swimming attire while swimming at the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre. Proper swimming attire is defined as bathing suits and/or swim trucks.
- Patrons are NOT allowed to wear cotton t-shirts. Nylon mesh, Spandex, Lycra and 100% Polyester are allowed. No cut-offs allowed.