Dauphin Recreation Services along with Tannis Murray, the instructor, will be offering a Red Cross Babysitting Course on Monday, February 25th.
This is a PD Day for kids so there is no school.
The course will run from 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. @ the Parkland Rec Complex, Lion's Den
Cost: $60/participant, includes the manual and snacks
Participants MUST be 11 years old by the course date to participate!
Participants are asked to pack a bagged lunch. No warm lunches, please.
Every child is to bring an infant-sized doll or stuffed animal.
As a trained babysitter, your child will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job
To register, please click the link http://dauphinrec.maxgalaxycanada.net/Registration.aspx?ActivityID=68