Friday, November 23rd
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Parkland Rec Complex - Curler’s Lounge
Cost: $60/participant, manuals included
As a trained babysitter, your child will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job
To register for the course ONLINE, click the link below
To register for the course IN-PERSON, come visit us at the Parkland Rec Complex - Front Desk.
Participants MUST be 11 years old by the course date to participate!
Participants are asked to pack a bagged lunch. No warm lunches, please.
- Participants receive the Canadian Red Cross Babysitter’s Manual, which includes key information on caring for kids of different ages, as well as an emergency contact form, sample resumés, business cards, glossary, and more
- Participants receive a wallet card that confirms they have completed the course