Dauphin Rec is proud to offer another BABYSITTING COURSE on Saturday, June 2nd!
8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Parkland Rec Complex - Lion’s Den
Cost: $60/participant, manuals included
NOTE: Every child is to bring an infant sized doll or teddy bear
As a trained babysitter, your child will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job
To register for the course, please visit the Parkland Rec Complex - Front Desk.
For more information, please call 204-622-3150 or visit www.dauphinrec.com
Participants MUST be 11 years old by the course date to participate!
Participants are asked to pack a bagged lunch. No warm lunches, please.
Participants receive the Canadian Red Cross Babysitter’s Manual, which includes key information on caring for kids of different ages, as well as an emergency contact form, sample resumés, business cards, glossary, and more
Participants receive a wallet card that confirms they have completed the course