9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Rotary Arena - Upstairs Classroom
Basic first aid and caregiving skills for youth. Participants learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to emergencies. Course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
As a trained babysitter, your child will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resume and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job
Participants must be 12 years old to participate.
Please pack a lunch! Students will not be leaving the facility for a lunch break.
NO HOT LUNCHES PLEASE.
Please bring an infant sized teddy bear or doll.
Snacks will be provided.
Instructor: Tannis Murray
REGISTER AT THE PARKLAND REC COMPLEX - FRONT DESK
MAXIMUM OF 15 PARTICIPANTS